• Bowman, S. (ed), 1991. Science and the Past. London: British Museum Press.
• Brothwell, D. R. and Pollard, A. M. (eds), 2001. Handbook of Archaeological Sciences. Chichester, New York, Weinheim, Brisbane, Singapore, Toronto: John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
• Caple, C. 2006. Objects : reluctant witnesses to the past Abingdon: Routledge
• Henderson, J. (ed), 1989. Scientific Analysis in Archaeology and its Interpretation. (Monograph 19; Archaeological Research Tools 5). Oxford and Los Angeles: Oxford University Committee for Archaeology and UCLA Institute of Archaeology
• Henderson, J. 2000. The science and archaeology of materials: an investigation of inorganic materials. London: Routledge.
• Hurcombe, L. M. 2007. Archaeological artefacts as material culture. London and New York: Routledge.
• Kingery D.W. 1996. Learning from Things: method and theory of material culture studies Washington, D.C.; London : Smithsonian Institution Press
• Lambert, J. B., 1997. Traces of the Past: Unraveling the Secrets of Archaeology Through Chemisty. Reading ( Mass.): Helix Books and Addison-Wesley.
• Miller H. M-L. 2007. Archaeological approaches to technology. London and Amsterdam: Elsevier/Academic Press.
• Pollard, A. M. and Heron, C. 1996. Archaeological Chemistry. (RSC Paperbacks). Cambridge: Royal Society of Chemistry.
• Pollard, A. M., Batt, C. M., Stern, B. and Young, S. M. M. 2007. Analytical Chemistry in Archaeology. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
• Schiffer M. B. 1999 The Material Life of Human Beings: artefacts, behavior, and communication London: Routledge.
• Tilley Ch., Keane, W, Kuechler, S., Rowlands, M. and Spyer, P. (eds), 2006. Handbook of Material Culture. London: SAGE.
• Tylecote R. F. Metallurgy in Archaeology: a Prehistory of Metallurgy in the British Isles (1962)
• Tylecote R. F. The Early History of Metallurgy in Europe (1987). Longman, London
• Tylecote R F (1992) A history of Metallurgy. 2nd edition. The Institute of Materials, London.
• Bachmann H (1982) The identification of slags from archaeological sites. Institute of Archaeology Occasional Publication 6, Institute of Archaeology, London
• La Niece S, Hook D, Craddock P (eds) Metals and mines. Studies in archaeometallurgy. The British Museum-Archetype Publications, London
. Scott DA, Ancient metals: microstructure and metallurgy vol IV: iron and steel, CSP Conservation Science Press (March 12, 2013)
Scott D A Copper and Bronze in Art, J Paul Getty Museum Pubns; New edizione (1 febbraio 2002)